Nuffnang

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Count Your Blessings

"Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage, and confidence.”  

Wise words, indeed, from Og Mandino.  I should have heeded his advice earlier.  

Not too long ago, I used to do the exact opposite.  I count my everyday misfortunes.  I was full of negativity. Saying that I was not happy is an understatement.  I was miserable. I was hopeless.  I was doomed.  

I'm glad and grateful that episode of my life is over.  Now, I can afford to truly, genuinely smile and laugh.  I also have a valid excuse to show off my dimples too.  

Every time I'm feeling down, I just to what I have to do, count my blessings, that is.  I actually keep track of the good things that come my way each day. Today, whenever life throws me a lemon, I choose to make lemonade.  (I sometimes get salt and a bottle of tequila, too!)  I've managed to get by, be happy, and be hopeful by taking stock of all the wonderful things that come my way. 


I've learned to chase away my doubts.  Whenever I am swamped with problems, I encourage myself by saying that all things, good and bad, come to pass.  Whenever I come across a road block I can't hurdle, I take a detour.  Things always turn out just fine, even better.

I can truly say that my faith has gone stronger.  All the burden I can't carry, I've entrusted all to the Lord.  He is good, and He accomplishes great things in His time.



No comments: